Thursday, May 15, 2008

My visit to Myrtle Beach

Last week my folks flew me up to see them. I had a great time. I got to see their new house, hang out with my sister and her husband, John. This is a shot from the airplane window on takeoff.

Lights from the airplane

My family took me to see a very cool castle called Atalaya. Spanish for watchtower. It was built in the 20's by Archer Huntington. Here is a shot I got of the path to the courtyard.

Atalaya Castle

Right before we got inside the castle there was this amazing upside down rainbow. ( Correction. It's actually called a solar halo. Just found that out ) I've never seen anything like it. (Click the pic for a full shot)

Upside down rainbow

And for this last photo. I was actually able to get my sister up at 5:30 to go with me to catch a sunrise on the beach. Well, unfortunately, there were so many clouds seeing the sun was impossible. Instead I decided on this pier with a long exposure shot. Shortly after it started raining.

Garden City Pier ,SC

No comments: